Friday, November 6, 2009

Back from San Diego

Five days. Did some of the things we planned. I didn't get in touch with any Nia teachers - on purpose. This trip was specifically for Steve's 72nd birthday. We rented a sailboat and he demonstrated that he is, indeed, a sailor. He's so at HOME sailing. I, on the other hand. . . oh well, I was a good sport about handling the jib. All in all, it was an excellent trip. I did "deliberation" (see kelmanworks.com) a lot and it really enhanced my experience. Mindfulness is a good synonym for "deliberation" if you don't want to look it up on the website.

Went to class (KelmanWorks) last night. It was the last in a series. Another layer of my way of being removed itself during the first exercise. Instead of reaching for results, I allowed the moves to reveal themselves. I'm doing this more and more in my teaching and my life.

I realize, once again, that I have a lot to unlearn in order to reveal my authentic self to myself. Somewhere under all the technique, skills and ego is the brilliant light of the child who knows what she doesn't know. More and more I am trusting that child. I call her my Higher Self.

Each morning lately, I make a conscious choice to simply be happy no matter what. If my happiness depends on what's in the bank, on my back, on the dinner table, who my friends and family are, where I live, the weather, the car I drive, what I see in the mirror, the books on our bookshelves - well, I could say I'm generally happy BUT if my happiness depends on none of those things and/or circumstances - well, I can be ECSTATIC, in BLISS.

Flying free.

1 comment:

  1. As women, we have a particular spiritual function in the world...as holders and creators of space for action...what I see is women whining and being altogether less than who they really are.

    So happy to hear you are active in creating the space of ecstatic bliss no matter what!

    Carry on!!!!

    Love,

    Jill

    ReplyDelete