Friday, November 13, 2009

How strong can I be?

Once again, my husband is in bed with another gout attack. I realize I am angry at his son, who lives in Portland and doesn't have a 9-5 job. He's a musician. He could come over and help me. The last time Steve had a gout attack and I called Jeremy and told him I was feeling overwhelmed and frightened, Jeremy told me I should be more compassionate. He didn't offer to come over and help out. He called the next day to see how his father was doing. He also apologized for being unsympathetic to me. That was the end of his support.

Steve said, "Does it give you peace of mind to be angry with Jeremy?"

Change what I can
Accept what I cannot change
And give me the wisdom to know the difference.

I'm putting together the routine I'll be doing for cable TV next Wednesday.

The best way to use my energy is to do what needs to be done and let go of the desire to have things be different than what they are.

GGRRRRR@#$%$#&*###

1 comment:

  1. The answer to your question is "as strong as you want to be". No one is going to change for you...and you can't make someone change. The only change is the one you make in yourself.

    Have fun putting together your routine!!!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete