Friday, March 26, 2010

Giving

I have a cable TV program called The Gentle Way to Fitness. I have no idea how many people watch and follow it. I've received a couple of phone calls and a few of my friends have told me they've seen and enjoyed it. I've finally realized that I wanted confirmation, affirmation, maybe even a thank you!

Recently I gave someone a birthday gift of a necklace I'd purchased in India. She didn't acknowledge it. I realize that I wanted an acknowledgment.

I'm told that the greatest way to give is to do so without expectation. Just as the sun shines (even through clouds) every day giving us life, so too I am learning to give whatever I have to give without expectation. This is the Joy of Giving.

Same here. Maybe no one reads this blog. Maybe hundreds do. Maybe no one's life is affected by reading this. Maybe there is transformation, healing and joy coming from this blog.

My job is to continue shining whatever light I have, to give whatever gifts I have to give - whether they are appreciated or acknowledged or not. I'm not there yet. Maybe that's why I don't always get a thank you!

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Let love radiate without concern for results!!

    ReplyDelete