Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Gentle Way of Movement Class - Seniors

Today I taught six women. For these very small classes, I am able to check in with each student to see where her energy etc. is and what her intention for today is. The intentions that showed up were: increased flexibility, balance, attention to the shoulder girdle, general energy and decreased mind chatter. We had one new student. Her intention was to see what this class is about and if she would want to continue. Personally, I felt quite balanced and in good energy - no pain or discomfort anywhere. My personal intention was to find new ways to move. All the intentions were met. The new student is very enthusiastic about what we are doing and plans to continue.

The focus of today's class was Touch. I used the word in its broadest sense - actually the kinesthetic aspect. This was a beautiful focus. Very healing. Outer touch. Inner touch. The touch of breath. The touch of sound.

The music combination worked very well. I kept the "steps" simple. The free dance section was lovely.

1 comment:

  1. I feel relaxed just having read about the class! I so appreciate your energy and I love the kinesthetic focus!!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete