Monday, August 24, 2009

Up and Down Down Down

Yesterday Steve and I had a "discussion." I won't go into detail 'cause that's not what it is/was about. I'm not even sure WHAT it was about. What I know is that I went into a real tailspin. One of the things I did was to get into the car and drive to an ice-cream parlor, purchase and eat a sundae. Then I went to Powell's and bought a book and a bag of jelly beans, which I consumed. Why am I sharing this information? What occurred as a result of the blast of sugar was that I was awakened during a subsequent troubled sleep with leg cramps - both calves. Triple ouch. So I said in my drama queen way, "Hey God, I asked you to get me out of this vale of tears, off the planet, not beat up on me." Anyhow, I'm still here, again and once again determined to avoid refined sugar!

I'm past the bout of depression/despair. Steve and I are still together.

One of the things that came up and what I want to share in this blog about The Gentle Way to Fitness is that I've decided to take the pressure off myself; be less ambitious. So maybe there will ultimately be a DVD and maybe there won't. Right now I'm only committed to the cable TV show.

I subbed for a Nia class and meditation class again (same one as last week). Both classes increased and the feedback was very positive. I did a chakra meditation - guided the class to investigate the chakras themselves rather than feeding them information about color, sound, etc.

Last week I did Agolo. This week we began with the 7 minute workout (5 Stages for 5 minutes, up and down for 1 minute, laughing for 1 minute). It was a great way to get into a semi-spontaneous routine.

1 comment:

  1. Relationships!!! Awesome responsibility they are. So you ate ice cream and jelly beans. I can think of alot worse things you could've done. Shake it off and love for love's sake.

    ReplyDelete