Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Judgment and Preference

We all have our "judgments." I prefer to use the term "preference" in that it becomes something personal. My preference doesn't have to be yours, whereas judgments often become something we feel should be shared by others.

To attempt to eliminate judgment, i.e. preference is, in my opinion, (another synonym for judgment) unrealistic. Here are a few more words in the family: discrimination; choice; passion; likes; dislikes; beliefs.

I choose to allow you your judgments, preferences, opinions, discriminations and choices. Just don't expect me to follow lemming-like where you go; nor do I expect you to agree with my judgments, preferences, opinions, discriminations, choices, passions, likes, dislikes and beliefs.

One of my judgments, i.e. preferences, is that I dislike it intensely when someone preaches at me, tells me how I should think, act or be.

We will be expanding the Cable TV show to an hour. It was a half-hour show. I believe this will give me the time to really offer a full experience. We shall see. So now I have a few rough cut DVDs. One is Yoga, another is Qi Gong, two are movement to music (based on Nia). With my new computer, I'm able to burn DVDs - even label them. The beauty of technology. This morning I had a long talk/listen to a man who feels that all this technology has a negative effect on humanity. He's fairly young to be mourning the "good old days." Oops, there's my judgment.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the challenge of learning the ins and outs of Windows 7. Many frustrations, many victories.

Starting to get it together to go to India. Details. Details. I was reminded of the practicality of having a container for my passport etc. to wear around my neck. One of my dear students will be loaning hers to me. She will also loan me some special packing assists. This reminds me a bit of years ago when I went of tour. Lists lists lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment