Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bumps Along the Road

The creator of music for the CD and DVD informed me yesterday that the project is not his first priority. His first priority is "#1" which is himself and his wife. Once again, the lack of funds is an issue. He isn't removing himself from the project; he's putting off creating more music until he has the time and inspiration. I'm not sure what to do about that. I can work with what we have so far - which is what I have been doing. I can find music elsewhere for the remainder of the DVD/CD. I'll hold off on that recourse for awhile.

The conversation brought me to realize.

Whether we admit it or not, our first priority is the self, not the Self. I delude myself when I think I am dedicating my life to service. It's about survival, the ego and the gratification of ego.
Everyone has different levels of enthusiasm about an idea.
"Expectations will get ya every time." - Steve Kaplan

So the question is: How much do I want to do this? How really dedicated/focused am I on it? Is it simply a good idea or is it a passion? Can I avoid distraction? This is a lifelong issue for me. I read about artists who are totally dedicated to their art. They achieve great things, but are they happy? Maybe it isn't black or white - another of my tendencies is to perceive things as all one way or another.

Honesty - Passion - Dedication - Satisfaction

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kaycheri...

    I'd say that in the world the way it is, most people have their own self as priority -- especially in this economic turmoil. However, there are quite a few, myself included, who do give the Self (big S) the #1 priority. Giving the big S priority doesn't mean that we give up everything that the little s wants or needs. We do live in this world, but we don't have to be "of" it.

    I wasn't sure if you were knocking your own self for wanting this project to succeed. That was the way I was reading your blog, if that was not your intention, I do apologize.

    But who is to say that it isn't successful right now? So it's not out there for throngs of people to rush out and purchase. It was grown and introduced by your own creative spirit. It's in an embryonic stage...allow it to grow and manifest into its strong substantial form in natural time. Who knows why things go the way they do?

    It certainly is not so that we can judge our True Selves. Of that I am sure.

    My NiaInnerJourneys blog this morning was about inspiration...and passion. Great minds Kaycheri...

    Love,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaycherie- the women of the world need what you are putting together. It is sooo needed.

    The one trait that makes an excellent entrepreneur is the ability to face problems, challenges or issues. Owning a business is not easy and there is always stuff to deal with, one thing after another, but if you look at it as "grist for the mill" then its all part of the process.

    I think having money does make everything easier but it doesn't eliminate problems.

    There are creative ways to make things happen if you are truly committed to your success. So- the issue is clarity and focus and intention. I agree- that you have to be really inspired and highly motivated in order to overcome obstacles.

    ReplyDelete