Thursday, June 4, 2009

Balance

An event today really threw me. I shook and cried for about 10 minutes after reading an email telling me that I had made some errors in spelling and punctuation and wasn't to continue editing for Nia HQ. I was also told that they want someone with some technological expertise that I may not have. I'm pleased that I was able to accept the rejection and maintain my self-esteem. Oh yes, it took some doing, some conversations and some digging for truth. There is no doubt in my mind and many evidences that I am an excellent, although not perfect, editor/writer. The irony of all this is that when something is published in a Nia communication that I haven't edited, it's FULL of errors, some of them amusingly blatant.

It's all about balance, coming back to center.

I remember that when I was little and had to deal with many losses, I decided that I would be like a spring. I told myself that they could step on me and step on me and I would always spring back up.

Well the spring might be a little less springy, but it's still springing.

Ever onward and upward.

It's all grist for the mill!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaycheri. I'm stunned of course. How silly to point a finger, knowing that the other 3 are pointing back. Just remember that what goes around, comes around...and quite quickly these days I might add. Maintain your sweet, non-judgemental spirit. You have so much going on in your life...love what you do...do what you love (and take a peek at my nia inner journeys blog for today...)

    ReplyDelete