Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Soltice at Breitenbush and other news

This was the fourth year for Helen (my daughter) and me to go to the Solstice Celebration at Breitenbush Hot Springs. We did our annual skit on Saturday night - added two women - Cynthia and Meredith.

How can I describe my experiences at Breitenbush? I'll just jot down some words that come to me from my right brain:

Delicious
Soft
Natural
Glorious
Trees alive
Lithium mineral in the pools smoothing, soothing, uplifting, centering, flying
People exuding love
No demands

My daughter Helen is visiting from Albuquerque, NM. She is someone so very special in my life. We laugh until tears come into our eyes and our sides hurt. She corrects me more than I correct her. After all, she's a trained elementary teacher and school librarian, practicing as a school librarian.

Someone at Breitenbush said that Facebook is evil. Hmmm.

Yesterday we went to our favorite consignment shop and found treasures. I bought the most BEAUTIFUL silk jacket - reversible, a black velvet hat and several soaps and bath salts. Helen got a bunch of stuff. She will fill an extra suitcase to take back.

Today I taught my senior Nia class. I used the two tracks Jeremy created for The Gentle Way to Fitness and some drumming music. It's growing quite organically. I didn't do any FloorPlay. Somehow it was instinctual to not do that today. I'm following my instincts, my guidance in the way I'm teaching this summer - listening to my body and my students' bodies.

Life is oh so good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kaycheri! Where is Breitenbush? I love consignment shops...I frequent one here in Wisconsin. Lots of fun finds. I admire how you are instinctively guiding your senior class...listening to your body's way. Fabulous!

    Regarding the comment from someone that FB is evil. Evil like in Evil Knevil? Or Evil like in "I don't know anything about it so I'm going to be afraid of it and call it evil?" Doesn't matter...just being testy this morning...it's hot, hot, hot.

    Do you have a photo of Helen you can share? Is there one on your FB page I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill:
    Breitenbush Hot Springs is two hours from Portland, OR. You can google it to find out more. It's one of my favorite places on the planet!

    Regarding your questions about the comment that FB is evil. Answer: Neither.

    I asked the person who made the comment why he said that. (He knows all about it and is not afraid.) He gave two reasons: 1: It allows unwanted people to invade privacy and possibly steal identity and 2: It can stimulate obsession, frivolous conversation such as gossip.
    He agreed that "evil" was a somewhat strong term to define his antipathy.

    ReplyDelete