Tuesday, September 27, 2011


The Vision

Last night I subbed for a yoga class at South West Community Center.


After the class, one of the students engaged me in conversation. This was the second time she’d had a class with me teaching. I discovered that she is friends with Jeff and Debbie! Among other things, we talked about the one-woman show I am writing, and she gave me a great idea! I’m truly excited. Now I know exactly what I am going to do.

This will be interactive, improvisational theater.
I will start with a script, maybe "perform" a couple of poems that say it all - like A BUMBLEBEE.
I will tell the audience who we are – that we are all connected. Like organs in a body, each one functions independently and inter-dependently. I will invite the audience to write a question or a statement on a piece of paper that will be provided. Then I will respond with action, story, sounding and/or dancing - whatever is inspired by the question or statement. I will ask Timothy and/or another musician to improvise with music. There will be opportunity for those who wish to improvise along with me.

I see myself in costume – a long flowing gown, one side is black; the other is white – yin/yang.

I would have this produced in Nia's Studio B and be paid for by donation.  After deducting  a percentage to the musician(s) and any outgoing expenses, all profit will go to Nia. 

It would be good to do this at least twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment