Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/11 Yesterday was a very full day. I think I might switch to writing at night. We’ll see. Mainly, I’ll write some every day. Today’s lesson in HOW TO TRAIN A WILD ELEPHANT is “Appreciate Your Hands.” Just finished reading the chapter. SO good. I am fortunate that my eyes are able to read; that my brain is able to comprehend; that my hands are able to perform THOUSANDS of activities. I love watching them dance. I particularly like my hands. They are extremely flexible and slender. Often when someone “reads” my palms, they comment on the strong line indicating my talent as a writer. My palms have many, many lines in them. I’ve yet to find someone who can read all the lines. The middle of the palms is indented and hot. I’m told I have healing hands. When I touch someone, they usually feel the heat radiating from my hands and receive comfort. It was a cold evening when Steve first took my hand to hold it. He was delighted that my hand was warm. His was cold. He’s often said that my warm hands was one of the major attractions. Well, I certainly didn’t plan to write about my hands this morning. I like letting the writing flow from and to wherever it goes. I was planning to write about sex this morning. Yesterday, after I told Leslie that Steve and I haven’t had intercourse in a long, long time, over a year I think, she suggested that I find someone with whom to have an affair. She also told me that when there is pain it means to NOT try to go past it to do a yoga posture. In order to sit on my heels, I’ll have to use assistance, rolled up mat and blocks or books. It’s just the way it is. I don’t know why my knees have gotten so stiff. They’re still flexible in other positions. Maybe it’s scar tissue or calcium deposits. I’m going to love them the way they are, the way they used to be, the way they will become. I’m going to allow that it’s really okay that they don’t work the way they used to work. Thank you knees for the way you support me, for the way you allow me to sit, stand, and DANCE. I’ve been impatient with you for what you are no longer able to do. Please accept my apologies. I love what you can do now and for what you used to be able to do. i promise to continue loving you as you evolve and progress. It looks like I’m not going to write about sex. That’s okay. It will happen in its own time and place. Maybe it won’t happen! Who says I have to write about sex? Well, it is and was a major part of life. It is and was, in many ways, a forbidden subject. It’s also a subject that seems to dominate. We are, indeed, a second and third chakra society. It’s time to evolve into the fourth chakra.

No comments:

Post a Comment