Monday, September 28, 2009

Blue Belt and then some

Yesterday I audited some of the Blue Belt. Perhaps one of the most useful principles is "The Power of Two." Without going into too much detail, the basic concept is that the "receiver" (an excellent name for the listener in a conversation) is 100% there, i.e. neutral to receive the "transmitter" who is 100% clear. I noticed that I was a smidgen better at transmitting than at receiving.

A wave of sadness poured through me as I listened and watched Carlos deliver his part. And yet, it is clear to me that I will thrive and survive whether or not Carlos is in my life. I have survived the loss of so many people! Perhaps their spirits are still floating around and affecting thoughts, feelings and experiences.

As I danced for an "audience" (2/3rds of the class), I noticed that not everyone was noticing me. I had a moment of, "Hey, I'm giving you my self; don't you want it?" Then I realized that is the way of it, and I let go. So I give and there will be some who receive - perhaps even benefit - from what I have to give. There will be those who don't notice me at all. There will be those who see/hear me and have a negative reaction. My job, my ONLY job is to find my authentic self and be willing to give that to myself. I think of the sun. It stays in its place and gives light and heat. Sometimes it is obscured by clouds and/or rain. Sometimes we hide from it in our little boxes we call home. It just burns on - and on - and on. It doesn't try to be the moon or a waterfall or a monkey. It doesn't "know itself" - it just IS.

Getting ready for the next taping for cable TV.

1. Keep your word: I'll do that
2. Don't take anything personally: Sure
3. Assume nothing: Absolutely
4. Do your best: Ah, time to get back to preparing.

But first, I'll read a blog or two.

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. OMG Kaycheri. You've got to read my blog!!! We blogged about the same thing!!! Sun and clouds and being radiant...great spirits express alike!!

    Love to you my dear!!! (And let me say that it has been my experience that MOST people are better transmitters than receivers).

    Love,

    Jill

    ReplyDelete