Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's growing!

I've changed the name at Friendly House from "Nia" to "The Gentle Way to Fitness". Wow. That's a big step.

Today we focused on (among other things)how to take GWF into our lives - showing how we can walk down the street with awareness and do specific things to honor our bodies. The mats weren't available for the floor work, so we did some things in chairs. Whatever we did in class can be taken into our daily living. At the end of class, I asked the students what specific thing they might continue. Several of them liked the idea of walking with their palms facing front - which opens the chest and helps avoid dowager's hump. Others liked the idea of looking out with soft eyes instead of looking at the ground. They were all interested in continuing the chair movements to break up their computer time. The movements taken from "Brain Gym" - an excellent little book will also be quite useful. Oh yes, we spent some time exploring various ways to do turns.

Steve took the class. He tells me that he falls in love with me all over again when he takes one of my classes. Guess I'd best continue.

I'm going to Inda for Nia-India in January to celebrate my 77th birthday!! Whatever it takes, I'm going to do this.

Breathing health. Breathing Joy. Breathing service.

Yes.

1 comment: