Saturday, September 19, 2009

Carlos Rosas Announces his Retirement from Nia

I posted this as a comment on Jill's blog and realized that I want to put it on mine for others to read. Here 'tis.

I hope you read this, Jill. You expressed so very beautifully what many of us are feeling - our gratitude - our memory of Nia, Carlos and Debbie. Carlos spoke to us who attended his class last evening (Friday, September 18th - the eve of the Jewish New Year). This was not a sudden decision. He will be with us teaching Intensives and classes until December 31, 2010. What came up for me when I read the announcement from Nia was - "Oh my God, how many classes have I missed that I could have gone to?" Is this not a typical reaction? And isn't it cool that I can get myself to more classes during the next months that Carlos will be teaching? Usually when someone leaves, it's fairly sudden and we don't have the opportunity to "make up for lost time." Thank you Carlos, for giving us this long warning of your exit from our lives as one of the Nia mavens. And of course, he is a part of us who have experienced him, as we are each a part of him. We are One.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kaycheri. Your comment on my blog came through just fine!!! YAY.

    Although it was a surprise to hear about Carlos' retirement, it's sometimes through those surprises that we begin to contemplate possibilities. Rather than seeing it as the end of something, perhaps it's the beginning. Neverending cycles of beginnings and endings. A door closes, a window opens.

    I'm REALLY excited to about the possibilities. For me, it is about increasing my own substance, my own expression. I liken it to having a guru. One can begin to rely on the guru and what the guru has to say rather than seeing that guru is spelled Gee You Are You. We've received the training and now its up to us to express it into our worlds.

    How exciting is that????

    ReplyDelete