Thursday, September 24, 2009

Multidimensionality

The last few days have been VERY intense. Blue Belt Nia Teacher Douglas from Vancouver Canada drove in Monday. We both audited White Belt and took classes. I taught Tuesday and Wednesday. Douglas videotaped on Wednesday. I'm curious to see the results.

From talking and talking and talking with him (he's definitely one of my soul brothers) I realize, again, that I am a multidimensional being. This has its advantages and disadvantages. At this point, however, I am choosing to allow that it is my nature (must have some Gemini somewhere. I am also choosing to take the soup and the nuts of it. So there!

For me, one of the high points of Douglas' visit was helping him choose the gift for his lady. He bought her a lovely crystal pendant and chain.

We experienced a lot of Nia. I'm reminded of this extraordinary gift in my life.

Slept for a couple of hours and then awoke to organize and reorganize books and cd's and DVD's and made outrgeious mashed potatoes, did theater exercise assignment and started to review the songs I will be teaching during our JAM on Saturday. Now I'm on the computer to catch up with emails and this Blog.

Life is good - especially with mashed potatoes made from farm fresh organic potatoes, garlic I picked myself, real butter, a dash of cayenne, tumeric and sea salt in my stomach. Who eats mashed potatoes at 4 AM? ME!!

My students, who are all past 60 and then some, and I agree that one of the best things about aging is that we care less and less what others think about us. Freedom!

1 comment:

  1. Aging truly is a delightful experience when one is a conscious being. I find it not so much caring less about what others think as it is about caring more about my own thoughts, words and actions.

    The mashed potatoes sound wonderously yummy!

    Love to you Kaycheri,

    Jill

    ReplyDelete