Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fitness

Fitness is a way of Being. Yes, I meant to capitalize being. Usually, when one says someone is fit, one means that someone is healthy in mind, body, emotions and spirit. The way to be fit is an ongoing journey - many paths. I am convinced that one size fits all, i.e. that there is one right way, is ridiculous. My way to become fit may not suit another. There are SO many paths to the goal of fitness. It's exciting and delightful for me to explore as many of them as I have time.

Fitness of Body:
1. Nutrition - what we ingest - water, food, air
2. Exercise - how we move - how we are still

Fitness of Mind:
1. How we think
2. What we read, listen to, watch

Fitness of Emotion
1. How we choose to react to what is
2. How we express our reactions

Fitness of Spirit
1. Our individual attitude and ideology

Fitness of Soul
That's already perfect. Accept it!

Some of these overall definitions collide and some merge.

How about I ask myself in each moment, "Does this serve me on my journey to fitness?"

Some of what DOESN'T serve me: comparison, self-doubt, belief in limitation, giving in to dumbing down TV and other stimulation, certain foods.

What DOES serve me may or may not serve you. I just finished reading Tom Robbins latest book, In Cognito. It serves me to read anything that man writes!

Just to share - what serves me is an attitude of gratitude. What serves me is opening to love in all its forms.

Reading Vinn Marti's journals (blog the name if you're curious)and what he says about music - yes. Choosing sound serves me. It's all vibration. It's all music. I choose to take it in as energy. Thank you God for giving me a voice that is pleasant to others, that serves as a tool for healing. Well, I could go on and on.

What serves me now is to get outdoors in the sun. Later.

1 comment:

  1. It's a great question Kaycheri..."does this serve me on my journey"...

    If everyone would stop and ask that question before they speak or act, perhaps we would have less fear, anger, disrespect, war...

    Why would we even want to do something that does NOT serve us on our journey? Why? Not so hard to answer actually...most people think, speak and act with little consciousness and alot of self-centeredness. I guess it depends on what kind of journey one is on.

    It was nice talking with you the other day!

    Love,

    Jill

    ReplyDelete